New charity bookshop ready to welcome customers
- Credit: ARCHANT
Although it may be a while yet before people can visit it, a new charity bookshop has opened in Felixstowe.
Books and Vintage has been opened by the BASIC Life Charity Group in Walton High Street, next to the Post Office.
It was open for less than a week when Suffolk went into Covid-19 Tier 4 - forcing all non-essential shops to close.
The shop, manned by volunteers, will be selling a range of donated books, fiction and non-fiction, paperback and hardback, as well as assorted pre-loved vintage and retro items.
When it reopens, there will be a two customer limit at any time until virus social distancing restrictions can be relaxed.
You may also want to watch:
BASIC Life also runs two charity shops - one in Walton High Street and the other in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe - along with working with local churches to run and support a string of community pop-up shops providing food for those in need across the Felixstowe area and also in Ipswich.
Money raised by the charity is spent locally with the aim to help as many people in need as possible.
- 1 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 2 Man who took knife to confrontation is jailed
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Plans for 190 homes on edge of Ipswich 'poorly conceived' say councillors
- 5 Orwell Bridge re-opens following wind speed drop
- 6 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 7 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 8 Father and daughter racially abused by dog walker
- 9 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs look to March reopening after 'zero' sales in 2021