Baths parking talks on hold
MOVES to make Fore Street Baths car park a pay and display have today been put on hold while a further consultation is held.The 37-space car park in Ipswich, is currently free to users of the swimming pool.
MOVES to make Fore Street Baths car park a pay and display have today been put on hold while a further consultation is held.
The 37-space car park in Ipswich, is currently free to users of the swimming pool.
Last night the Ipswich council's executive committee agreed to suspend any action on the car park until further research is carried out after groups who use the pool regularly have complained about having to pay to park.
An 111 strong petition has already been handed into the council in objection to the decision by members of Heartbeat, a rehabilitation group for people with heart problems, and residents near to South Street.
Councillor Inga Lockington said: "When we first decided to look into making the car park a pay and display I thought there would be lots of issues that needed to be dealt with.
"But we are happy to do this and that is why the decision was made to hold a further consultation."
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Wallets stolen and bank cards used after cars broken into
It is as yet unknown how long the consultation will take.