Battle on the beach
WE will fight them on the beaches!That was the cry today from Ipswich's angry beach hut owners who are planning to wage war to keep their seaside chalets on Felixstowe seafront.
WE will fight them on the beaches!
That was the cry today from Ipswich's angry beach hut owners who are planning to wage war to keep their seaside chalets on Felixstowe seafront.
Fifty-eight hut owners – most from Ipswich – have been told they will be evicted next spring as part of a project for a multi-million pound housing development with some leisure facilities.
But the hut owners cannot understand why they are being kicked off the site – and believe it is simply so their huts do not spoil the seaview of the new homes.
You may also want to watch:
The council, meanwhile, plans to replace the huts with seashore plants.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 7 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 8 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate