Be healthy message from Salvation Army
EAT well and feel good, that's the message for the Salvation Army's Food and Friends Week at the Priory Centre in Queensway, Ipswich. The week, which begins with an open day on July 27 is all about healthy eating.
EAT well and feel good, that's the message for the Salvation Army's Food and Friends Week at the Priory Centre in Queensway, Ipswich.
The week, which begins with an open day on July 27 is all about healthy eating.
The Salvation Army has been working with the community dieticians at Ipswich Hospital, the Sure Start team and others to put together an interesting, informative and enjoyable week.
The open day will feature information displays on food, 'taster' sessions and competitions for all the family, including the chance to win a meal for two at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
The Priory Centre will be open from 10am to 4pm and the Salt Pot café, will be open, serving an all day healthy breakfast, as well as a range of other refreshments.
Other events during the week will include: 'Food and the under 4s' on July 29 from 9.30am to 11.30am, 'A taste of difference' featuring Chinese and Caribbean cooking demonstrations on July 30 from 11am to 1pm, 'Babies and feeding' on July 31 from 9.30am to 11.30am, with a children's 'Food 'n' Fun' after from 2.30 to 4.30pm.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
On August 1 there is 'Cooking for one … two' with Age Concern and on August 2 the regular monthly Christian prayer and fellowship lunch will have a special healthy menu.
The full programme for the week can be picked up from The Priory Centre. Details can also be obtained by phoning the Centre on 01473 710721 (mornings).
For more details, contact Margaret Bale at the Salvation Army on 01473 710721.