Bears Pool & Snooker in Ipswich launches training events to get under 18s into game
- Credit: Archant
Bears Pool & Snooker Club in Ipswich is aiming to get youngsters into the game with the launch of special under-18 training events.
The club is holding sessions every other Saturday between 11am and 1pm, where youngsters can gain expert advice and tuition from a team of coaches that have played at county, national and international level.
Mens A-team captain Shaun Bardell said: “It is important for Suffolk pool to try and gain as much interest from young and keen individuals as possible as this will help keep Suffolk on the ever growing pool scene.
“The game is getting bigger and bigger throughout not just the UK but worldwide.
“The training sessions we used to run previously were a great success with a lot of the players still playing to this day and even making it as far as world championship finalist, European champion and representing England for a number of years.”
Sessions are £2.50, visit the Bears Facebook page for details.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle