Beccles man accused of raping teenager
A TEENAGE girl told an Ipswich court how a 36-year-old man raped her. The girl who was 14 at the time of the alleged rape said Gary Canham, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, had driven her to a countryside location before attacking her.
By HELEN SKENE
A TEENAGE girl alleged at an Ipswich court that a 36-year-old man raped her.
The girl who was 14 at the time of the incident, said Gary Canham, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, had driven her to a countryside location before attacking her.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "He pushed me backwards. I was lying on my back on a bale of hay with my legs dangling. He pulled off my trousers and knickers and touched me."
She told Ipswich Crown Court he then seriously sexually assaulted her. "I said no," the girl added.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 7 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 8 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 9 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 10 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
"To start with I thought he was just messing about. I was just lying there to begin with, then when I realised what he was doing I said no. He said I must be enjoying it.
"I pushed him away. I said get off, get in the car."
The girl, whose evidence was recorded on video and played to the court, was asked about details of the incident.
She said Canham had pulled down her trousers and underwear and was standing between her legs touching her intimately.
When asked about how Canham undressed himself she replied: "I do not know, I was just lying there. When asked what it felt like she replied: "I don't really know, it hurt."
The girl also described three occasions when Canham stroked her legs and touched her indecently while they were sitting on the sofa at his home.
Canham admits three counts of indecent assault, but denies raping the girl.
He also denies six further counts of raping the girl's
The trial continues.