Beccles man accused of raping teenager
A TEENAGE girl told an Ipswich court how a 36-year-old man raped her. The girl who was 14 at the time of the alleged rape said Gary Canham, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, had driven her to a countryside location before attacking her.
By HELEN SKENE
A TEENAGE girl alleged at an Ipswich court that a 36-year-old man raped her.
The girl who was 14 at the time of the incident, said Gary Canham, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, had driven her to a countryside location before attacking her.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "He pushed me backwards. I was lying on my back on a bale of hay with my legs dangling. He pulled off my trousers and knickers and touched me."
She told Ipswich Crown Court he then seriously sexually assaulted her. "I said no," the girl added.
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
"To start with I thought he was just messing about. I was just lying there to begin with, then when I realised what he was doing I said no. He said I must be enjoying it.
"I pushed him away. I said get off, get in the car."
The girl, whose evidence was recorded on video and played to the court, was asked about details of the incident.
She said Canham had pulled down her trousers and underwear and was standing between her legs touching her intimately.
When asked about how Canham undressed himself she replied: "I do not know, I was just lying there. When asked what it felt like she replied: "I don't really know, it hurt."
The girl also described three occasions when Canham stroked her legs and touched her indecently while they were sitting on the sofa at his home.
Canham admits three counts of indecent assault, but denies raping the girl.
He also denies six further counts of raping the girl's
The trial continues.