Beer festival to celebrate Scouts
NEARLY 100 people turned up to a German Beer evening in celebration of 100 years of Scouting.Fears that the rugby World Cup final between England and South Africa would lead to low numbers were quashed as scores of beer lovers flocked to the event on Saturday night, organised by the leaders of the 24th Ipswich Scouts.
NEARLY 100 people turned up to a German Beer evening in celebration of 100 years of Scouting.
Fears that the rugby World Cup final between England and South Africa would lead to low numbers were quashed as scores of beer lovers flocked to the event on Saturday night, organised by the leaders of the 24th Ipswich Scouts.
Special bottles of beer, specially labelled BP Ale, after Baden Powell, the Scout's founder, were created to mark the anniversary of the first Scout camp on Brownsea Island in 1907.
The limited edition bottles were only on sale at the event at Westbourne Sports College, Marlow Road, Ipswich, due to licensing laws.
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised from their sales will go towards purchasing transport for the scouts in the Sproughton Road area.
Stewart Bethell, group scout leader, said: “It went really well. The rugby did affect us a bit but we still had 92 people turn up and we sold nine cases of BP ale which is great.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
“I haven't worked out how much we have raised yet but if we did well, then the committee would like to do another event like this next year.”
Is there an event coming up you would like us to publicise? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com