Beer festival underway
MORE than 2,000 real ale lovers are expected to raise a pint over the next few days at a top Suffolk beer festival.The 8th Festival of Beer and Brewing has started at the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket.
MORE than 2,000 real ale lovers are expected to raise a pint over the next few days at a top Suffolk beer festival.
The 8th Festival of Beer and Brewing has started at the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket.
The event, which raises money for the museum, features more than 60 real ales and a selection of ciders from East Anglia.
The four-day festival also boasts live music every night, while a farmer's market was also being held today .
Lisa Harris, collections manager at the museum, said: "People should come along because it's a chance to try all the different beers that we've got on offer, which are all East Anglian.
"It's also in a 13th Century barn, which creates a great atmosphere – people sit around and tell stories in the traditional manner. And, of course, it helps to raise money to support the museum."
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
The festival is open until11pm today, from 11am to 11pm on Saturday and between noon and 3pm on Sunday.