Beer festival underway
MORE than 2,000 real ale lovers are expected to raise a pint over the next few days at a top Suffolk beer festival.The 8th Festival of Beer and Brewing has started at the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket.
MORE than 2,000 real ale lovers are expected to raise a pint over the next few days at a top Suffolk beer festival.
The 8th Festival of Beer and Brewing has started at the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket.
The event, which raises money for the museum, features more than 60 real ales and a selection of ciders from East Anglia.
The four-day festival also boasts live music every night, while a farmer's market was also being held today .
Lisa Harris, collections manager at the museum, said: "People should come along because it's a chance to try all the different beers that we've got on offer, which are all East Anglian.
"It's also in a 13th Century barn, which creates a great atmosphere – people sit around and tell stories in the traditional manner. And, of course, it helps to raise money to support the museum."
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
The festival is open until11pm today, from 11am to 11pm on Saturday and between noon and 3pm on Sunday.