Air ambulance called to incident on busy Ipswich road
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has been called to an incident on a major road in Ipswich.
Suffolk police were initially called to reports of a medical incident on Belstead Road shortly after 3.20pm today.
The road was closed between Ancaster Road and Oak Hill Lane for a period of time this afternoon.
Witnesses have also reported that the ambulance service and an air ambulance are on the scene.
They report that officers were on the road turning drivers away.
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused congestion in the area and motorists were advised to avoid the road while the incident is dealt with.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 10 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park