Benson Blakes, K Bar and Suffolk Food Hall make our list of top Suffolk burgers
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
We all love a good burger, so we’ve picked out some of our favourites from across Suffolk.
If it’s meat (or indeed veg) in a bun you’re after, there are hundreds of options across the county, from fancy restaurants to pubs, fast food outlets and burger vans.
Where do you go to get your burger fix? Let us know in the comments section below.
K Bar and Grill – St Nicholas Street, Ipswich
If you log on to TripAdvisor, these beauties have got to be up there as one of the town’s best burgers. There’s a wide range on offer for meat eaters and vegetarians alike, including wonderfully named creations such as The Meat Sweats (which includes beef, sausage and bacon) as well as Billy the Kid, The Naked Chook and Mental Lentil.
Benson Blakes – Johns Street, Bury St Edmunds
This joint can be packed any night of the week, with the wide range of burgers one of the major reasons. Again, some of the quirky names on offer entice you in with the Bull Runner (chorizo), Dragon Slayer (Beef, bacon and beer mustard) and Godfather (chicken, prosciutto and mozzarella) particularly exciting.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 4 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 5 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 6 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
The Greyhound - Henley Road, Ipswich
While the Greyhound is well known for its good pub food, the ‘Big Mick’ burger has got a lot of attention. Put together in honour of Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy, this delight holds two quarter pounders, hash browns, bacon and cheese, all served in a brioche bun. This one’s only available on a match day, though.
East Coast Diner – Church Street, Woodbridge
Who knew you could encounter the taste of Brooklyn in this Suffolk town. The American diner on Church Street offers everything you’d expect, including pizza, hot dogs, milkshakes and fries, but the burgers are particularly special.
The menu’s small compared to some other joints, but with addable extra toppings you can make almost anything your heart desires. As an added extra, 50p from the ‘Hero’ burger goes to Help for Heroes.
Wildwood – High Street, Newmarket
Not many to choose from, but the reviews here are excellent. You can pick from a classic cheeseburger, wild boar and chorizo, chicken or grilled mushroom, all served with a range of extra toppings and sides.
Suffolk Food Hall - Ipswich
The Cookhouse Restaurant is earning itself quite the reputation and they’re so proud of their burgers they’ve given them a night of their own. The third Friday of every month is ‘Burger Night’ with lamb, pork, venison, veggie and traditional beef all on offer with a range of sides.