Bids soon close on celebrity auction
IT'S time to raise your bids – because the hammer is about to come down on two sought-after souvenirs.For The Evening Star is offering the opportunity to own signed copies of a popular new book about one of the region's best-known theatres.
IT'S time to raise your bids - because the hammer is about to come down on two sought-after souvenirs.
For The Evening Star is offering the opportunity to own signed copies of a popular new book about one of the region's best-known theatres.
The books - From Buddy to the Beatles, memories of the Ipswich Regent's rock 'n' roll years - have been autographed by pop star pair Sir Cliff Richard and Marty Wilde.
We are auctioning the books with the proceeds going to the Star's Helping Our Children Christmas appeal and because of the response so far the deadline for bids has now been extended to January 10.
You may also want to watch:
So now is the time to make your bid or get a new bid in in order to get your hands on one of the signed books - the highest bid for each takes the prize.
From Buddy to the Beatles has been written by former Evening Star picture editor David Kindred and BBC Radio Suffolk's Stephen Foster and is published by Ipswich company Old Pond Publishing.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
It includes photographs, programmes and much more in celebration of the Regent's classic years from the late 1950s onwards.
Among the concerts it remembers are visits by Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Kinks and The Byrds.
"Sir Cliff and Marty Wilde very kindly signed copies of the book for us and as well as the books, there will also be photographs of them doing the signing as authentication," said Mr Kindred.
The Helping Our Children appeal is building and equipping a special waiting and treatment room for children at Felixstowe General Hospital's minor injuries unit.
Redundant toilets will be removed to create a treatment room able to take a bed, sink and equipment, and provide a waiting area with murals, toys and furniture for children, to make visits to hospital more comfortable and less frightening.
To bid for a book, send on a postcard how much you will be willing to pay, stating which book the bid is for - do not send any money at this stage - to Richard Cornwell, Felixstowe editor, Evening Star, 105B Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, IP11 7BL, by January 10.
Please be sure to include your full name and address, and also phone number.