Bids soon close on celebrity auction
IT'S time to raise your bids – because the hammer is about to come down on two sought-after souvenirs.For The Evening Star is offering the opportunity to own signed copies of a popular new book about one of the region's best-known theatres.
IT'S time to raise your bids - because the hammer is about to come down on two sought-after souvenirs.
For The Evening Star is offering the opportunity to own signed copies of a popular new book about one of the region's best-known theatres.
The books - From Buddy to the Beatles, memories of the Ipswich Regent's rock 'n' roll years - have been autographed by pop star pair Sir Cliff Richard and Marty Wilde.
We are auctioning the books with the proceeds going to the Star's Helping Our Children Christmas appeal and because of the response so far the deadline for bids has now been extended to January 10.
So now is the time to make your bid or get a new bid in in order to get your hands on one of the signed books - the highest bid for each takes the prize.
From Buddy to the Beatles has been written by former Evening Star picture editor David Kindred and BBC Radio Suffolk's Stephen Foster and is published by Ipswich company Old Pond Publishing.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 6 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 7 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 8 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 9 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
It includes photographs, programmes and much more in celebration of the Regent's classic years from the late 1950s onwards.
Among the concerts it remembers are visits by Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Kinks and The Byrds.
"Sir Cliff and Marty Wilde very kindly signed copies of the book for us and as well as the books, there will also be photographs of them doing the signing as authentication," said Mr Kindred.
The Helping Our Children appeal is building and equipping a special waiting and treatment room for children at Felixstowe General Hospital's minor injuries unit.
Redundant toilets will be removed to create a treatment room able to take a bed, sink and equipment, and provide a waiting area with murals, toys and furniture for children, to make visits to hospital more comfortable and less frightening.
To bid for a book, send on a postcard how much you will be willing to pay, stating which book the bid is for - do not send any money at this stage - to Richard Cornwell, Felixstowe editor, Evening Star, 105B Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, IP11 7BL, by January 10.
Please be sure to include your full name and address, and also phone number.