FIRST LOOK at Ipswich’s brand new Superdry
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers in Ipswich queued in the Buttermarket shopping centre this morning as they waited to get their first glimpse inside the town’s new Superdry store.
Crowds gathered outside the shop from 9.30am, eagerly awaiting the opening of the fashion giant - it is hoped Superdry will boost footfall into the centre of Ipswich and encourage other big names into the town.
The opening of Superdry, which can be found at the street entrance to the Buttermarket, means that all units in the shopping centre are now full.
Andrew Flockhart, from Ipswich, who is a big fan of the Superdry, made sure he was waiting outside the store before it opened.
Giving his first impressions of the new shop he said: "It's really nice and it's actually bigger than I thought it would be. It's about time we got a shop like this in Ipswich.
"It's good to have bigger shops like this to attract shoppers."
Superdry celebrated its opening with a live DJ in the store and stilt walkers greeting guests as they arrived at the Buttermarket.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 6 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 7 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 8 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Ban on BBQs at Suffolk beauty spot due to extreme heat
It was a busy weekend at the Buttermarket, as a family fun day event to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) and Great Ormond Street Hospital. Children got to have their faces painted and try their luck on the hook-a-duck stall.