Big day for soap bad guy
WITH awards galore it has been a year of celebration for Suffolk-born actor and Coronation Street bad guy Brian Capron.And today he has even more reason to celebrate after marrying long-term partner Jacqueline Bucknell.Fellow soap stars added some glitz to the guest-list as Mr Capron tied the knot.
WITH awards galore it has been a year of celebration for Suffolk-born actor and Coronation Street bad guy Brian Capron.
And today he has even more reason to celebrate after marrying long-term partner Jacqueline Bucknell
Fellow soap stars added some glitz to the guest-list Mr Capron tied the knot.
Sources at Granada Television confirmed Brian Capron, who played killer Richard Hillman, got married yesterday.
The couple married at a ceremony in Portmeirion, north Wales, the setting of the cult 1960s television show The Prisoner.
Details of the wedding plans have been shrouded in secrecy since the couple signed a magazine deal for exclusive pictures. But it is expected members of Mr Capron's family made the trip from Suffolk.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 6 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 9 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
The 55-year-old star was born at Eye Hospital and spent the first six years of his life at the family home in Theatre Street, Woodbridge.
In an interview last year, Mr Capron said he visited Suffolk as often as possible to see his grandmother and aunts and uncles in Kirton and Woodbridge.
The actor, whose character was killed off in a dramatic storyline in March, lives with his new wife, 41, and their six-year-old son, Louis, in Hove, Sussex.
The picturesque village of Portmeirion, set in sub-tropical gardens along the coast on the edge of Snowdonia, was begun in the 1920s to show how a naturally-beautiful site could be developed without spoiling it.
It provided the perfect setting for The Prisoner, which starred Patrick McGoohan as a man trapped in a strange world.
Coronation Street stars – including Michael Le Vell, who plays mechanic Kevin Webster, and Bruce Jones, who plays loudmouth Les Battersby – were among yesterday's guests at the register office ceremony, before a reception party at the Castell Deudraeth hotel.
The wedding caps an excellent six months for Mr Capron, who won Best Actor at the British Soap Awards.