Big mountain challenge is a family affair
ipswich: Three siblings are today setting off on an epic 24-hour charity challenge.
Brothers Rupert and Matt Dearing and sister Anna Muir are taking on the Three Peaks challenge as part of a ten-man team in aid of Scope and Cancer Research UK.
As well as fundraising for those charities, the trio are also raising cash for St Elizabeth Hospice – a cause close to their hearts.
Rupert, 30, of Holcombe Crescent, Ipswich, said: “Our father Peter passed away from multiple myeloma two years ago and we want to raise awareness of the excellent job all the volunteers at St Elizabeth Hospice do each and every day.
“Everyone has their own story about charity but this particular charity has touched our lives and many others.
“The staff at St Elizabeth Hospice are volunteers. They accept no pay, ask for nothing in return and often get little praise.
“They are amazing.”
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 3 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 4 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 7 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 8 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich resident charged £400 by rogue trader to pressure wash driveway
- 10 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
The trio are hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for the various charities.
Mrs Muir, 38, of Foxhall Road, Ipswich, added: “We are all very excited and very positive about the challenge.
“We have been doing a lot of training so are physically fit but it will be a race against time to successfully climb all three peaks.”
The challenge involves climbing Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon in just 24 hours.
Visit www.justigiving.com/Rupert-Dearing to donate.
n Are you taking on a charity challenge? Call newsdesk on 01473 324790 or alternatively you can send an e-mail starnews@ archant.co.uk