Big time win for bingo winner builder
BINGO-playing builder Adrian Holder is today recovering from a £35,000 jackpot.The lucky 43-year-old of East Ipswich, still cannot quite believe that he scooped the National Bingo Game prize of £33,333 plus the regional pot of £2,104 at the Palace Club in Felixstowe on Friday.
BINGO-playing builder Adrian Holder is today recovering from a £35,000 jackpot.
The lucky 43-year-old of East Ipswich, still cannot quite believe that he scooped the National Bingo Game prize of £33,333 plus the regional pot of £2,104 at the Palace Club in Felixstowe on Friday.
"I was dumbfounded when I realised how much I won," said Adrian, who is a maintenance worker for Bellway Homes.
"I thought I had little chance of getting the regional prize but I never dreamt I would get a share of the national money as well. It still hasn't sunk in yet."
You may also want to watch:
He shared the national prize of £100,000 with two other players, who also completed a full house in 45 numbers - the best result in the country.
Adrian, who enjoys fishing and DIY as well as bingo, has two children, Michelle, aged 13, and 12-year-old Michael.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
"My daughter was very excited and thinks about all the things she could do with the money," he said.
"Michael took it in his stride. I will invest most of the money to help them when they go to college."
He joined the Palace club five years ago and plays there four times a week.
Adrian said: "It is a lovely club and everyone is so friendly there. It is a great place to spend an evening."
Have you been exceptionally lucky? Write to Your Letters, the Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email EveningStarLetters@evenignstar.co.uk.