Big time win for bingo winner builder
BINGO-playing builder Adrian Holder is today recovering from a £35,000 jackpot.The lucky 43-year-old of East Ipswich, still cannot quite believe that he scooped the National Bingo Game prize of £33,333 plus the regional pot of £2,104 at the Palace Club in Felixstowe on Friday.
BINGO-playing builder Adrian Holder is today recovering from a £35,000 jackpot.
The lucky 43-year-old of East Ipswich, still cannot quite believe that he scooped the National Bingo Game prize of £33,333 plus the regional pot of £2,104 at the Palace Club in Felixstowe on Friday.
"I was dumbfounded when I realised how much I won," said Adrian, who is a maintenance worker for Bellway Homes.
"I thought I had little chance of getting the regional prize but I never dreamt I would get a share of the national money as well. It still hasn't sunk in yet."
He shared the national prize of £100,000 with two other players, who also completed a full house in 45 numbers - the best result in the country.
Adrian, who enjoys fishing and DIY as well as bingo, has two children, Michelle, aged 13, and 12-year-old Michael.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
"My daughter was very excited and thinks about all the things she could do with the money," he said.
"Michael took it in his stride. I will invest most of the money to help them when they go to college."
He joined the Palace club five years ago and plays there four times a week.
Adrian said: "It is a lovely club and everyone is so friendly there. It is a great place to spend an evening."
Have you been exceptionally lucky? Write to Your Letters, the Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email EveningStarLetters@evenignstar.co.uk.