Biggest reunion to date for Copleston
COPLESTON old boys are gearing up for what promises to be one of the largest ever reunions of former pupils later this month.The Class of 1954-1959 will be getting together to chat and reminisce at the St Clement's Social Club in Ipswich on Friday August 23 from 7pm.
COPLESTON old boys are gearing up for what promises to be one of the largest ever reunions of former pupils later this month.
The Class of 1954-1959 will be getting together to chat and reminisce at the St Clement's Social Club in Ipswich on Friday August 23 from 7pm.
Bob Howlett, who went to the school between these dates has been hard at work with co-organisers Roy Brockman, Bob Graves and Brian Ward contacting former pupils.
Earlier in the year Bob had hoped to get around 75 people together for the reunion, but he has managed to exceed this estimate.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We've managed to get hold of 120 people which is a tremendous effort. It's all thanks to The Evening Star and BBC Radio Suffolk who have been superb in the help they've given."
Despite the success of contacting more than 100 pupils, some who will travel from as far as Yorkshire and Gloucester for the reunion, there are still a number of pupils who Bob and his team have been unable to trace.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
These include Richard Green, Alan Freeman, Ernie Green, Michael Peake, Clive Jones and Alec Gregg.
At the men-only reunion there will be a private bar, buffet and a prize draw for a DVD player and bottles of wine. All profits will go towards forthcoming Copleston-related events.
There will also be a top secret celebrity guest with a link to the school, the identity of whom will be kept hidden until the night itself.
n To contact Bob Howlett about the reunion, call him on 01473 652662.