Biker dies in lorry crash
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed this morning after colliding with a low loader.The motorcyclist was riding a black Yamaha motorcycle when he was involved in an accident with the stationary low loader lorry.
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed this morning after colliding with a low loader.
The motorcyclist was riding a black Yamaha motorcycle when he was involved in an accident with the stationary low loader lorry.
The accident took place around 7.35am.
Police and paramedics were called to the scene in Tollgate Lane, Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds by ambulance with "serious injuries" but died shortly after at approximately 8.30am.
The man's name has not yet been released by police, but he is believed to be local to the Bury St Edmunds area.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
Police will now be contacting and informing the man's next of kin.
Today's fatality is the fourth death to have occurred on Suffolk roads this year so far.
Nobody else is believed to have been injured in the accident.
The road was closed and local diversions were in place while accident investigators examined the scene.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: "Police are very keen to speak to anybody who witnessed this incident.
"Any witnesses should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500."
Yesterday, a car plunged two feet into a ditch after a road crash on an A12 slip road today.
The blue Daewoo ended up nose first in the dip after colliding with a red Renault at the Bentley Southbound slip road at 3.30pm.
The road was partially blocked for just over an hour while emergency services attended.
An ambulance and a community paramedic arrived at the scene although no one was taken to hospital.
A police spokesman said: "Two cars were in collision and there were no serious injuries."