Biker dies in lorry crash
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed this morning after colliding with a low loader.The motorcyclist was riding a black Yamaha motorcycle when he was involved in an accident with the stationary low loader lorry.
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed this morning after colliding with a low loader.
The motorcyclist was riding a black Yamaha motorcycle when he was involved in an accident with the stationary low loader lorry.
The accident took place around 7.35am.
Police and paramedics were called to the scene in Tollgate Lane, Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds by ambulance with "serious injuries" but died shortly after at approximately 8.30am.
The man's name has not yet been released by police, but he is believed to be local to the Bury St Edmunds area.
- 1 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
- 2 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 8 Did you go to Ipswich's Festival of Wheels? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 9 Driver puts out car fire in A12 blaze
- 10 Revealed: Suffolk's most viewed homes for sale in July
Police will now be contacting and informing the man's next of kin.
Today's fatality is the fourth death to have occurred on Suffolk roads this year so far.
Nobody else is believed to have been injured in the accident.
The road was closed and local diversions were in place while accident investigators examined the scene.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: "Police are very keen to speak to anybody who witnessed this incident.
"Any witnesses should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500."
Yesterday, a car plunged two feet into a ditch after a road crash on an A12 slip road today.
The blue Daewoo ended up nose first in the dip after colliding with a red Renault at the Bentley Southbound slip road at 3.30pm.
The road was partially blocked for just over an hour while emergency services attended.
An ambulance and a community paramedic arrived at the scene although no one was taken to hospital.
A police spokesman said: "Two cars were in collision and there were no serious injuries."