Biker dies on village road
ANOTHER life has been claimed on the roads of Suffolk today.A motorbike crashed on the B1064 at Long Melford at about 8am, and the rider was confirmed dead at the scene.
ANOTHER life has been claimed on the roads of Suffolk today.
A motorbike crashed on the B1064 at Long Melford at about 8am, and the rider was confirmed dead at the scene.
The victim is believed to be a 19-year-old man from the Long Melford area.
His identity has not yet been revealed by police.
The B1064 is the main road through the village of Long Melford.
A police spokeswoman today said the main route through the village had been closed, for an investigation into what happened, to begin.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said crew attended the scene after being called shortly after 8am, but the patient had already died.
The death is the 21st in Suffolk so far this year.
That total includes the tragic accident when 15-year-olds Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler died in Fore Hamlet, Ipswich on May 30.