Biker dies on village road
ANOTHER life has been claimed on the roads of Suffolk today.A motorbike crashed on the B1064 at Long Melford at about 8am, and the rider was confirmed dead at the scene.
ANOTHER life has been claimed on the roads of Suffolk today.
A motorbike crashed on the B1064 at Long Melford at about 8am, and the rider was confirmed dead at the scene.
The victim is believed to be a 19-year-old man from the Long Melford area.
His identity has not yet been revealed by police.
You may also want to watch:
The B1064 is the main road through the village of Long Melford.
A police spokeswoman today said the main route through the village had been closed, for an investigation into what happened, to begin.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
- 10 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said crew attended the scene after being called shortly after 8am, but the patient had already died.
The death is the 21st in Suffolk so far this year.
That total includes the tragic accident when 15-year-olds Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler died in Fore Hamlet, Ipswich on May 30.