Biker group gives money to good causes
GOOD causes across the county are today benefiting from money raised by a Suffolk motorcycle club.Copdock Classic Motorcyle Club has been fundraising throughout the year at a number of fun runs and has donated £2,500 to charities.
GOOD causes across the county are today benefiting from money raised by a Suffolk motorcycle club.
Copdock Classic Motorcyle Club has been fundraising throughout the year at a number of fun runs and has donated £2,500 to charities.
More than £85,000 has been raised by the club over the last 14 years and now the latest donations were made.
Suffolk motorcycle racer Kieron Murphy presented £1,000 cheques to Ipswich Hospital consultant David Lewis for £1,000 to buy equipment for the Accident and Emergency department of the hospital and Karen Roberts of children's cancer charity CLIC.
Speedway Star Chris Louis was also on hand to present a cheque for £500 to St John Ambulance. The money will go toward a project called Ginger Monkey, a special educational initiative which involves the use of a puppet to teach youngsters about safety and first aid.
Steph Ruddy, of the classic motorcycle club, said: “We are delighted to have been able to pass this money on to St. John Ambulance.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
“We felt particularly honoured that Chris Louis was happy to take time out to present the cheque to the initiative's trainer and puppeteer, Marion Dunmore.”
This year's Copdock Bike Show will be held at Trinity Park in Ipswich on October 1.