Biker injured after crash outside Mermaid Pub in Ipswich
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital after a collision with a car outside an Ipswich pub.
Suffolk Constabulary received reports of an accident in Yarmouth Road, near the Mermaid Pub, just after 11.45am on Saturday.
Officers from Suffolk police attended and found a Ford Fiesta and Honda 600 motorbike had collided.
“The biker appeared to be injured and was holding his back,” a police spokesman said.
He was reported to have been taken to hospital for treatment.
A relative of the biker later said he was “shaken up” and had suffered “minor injuries” in the crash.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent three appliances to the scene.
- 1 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 5 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust also attended.
A spokesman said an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle attended and treated two patients, who were both taken to Ipswich Hospital for further care.