Biker killed in crash
ANOTHER person has been killed on Suffolk's roads following a collision between a motorcycle and a van.The accident happened at around 1.14pm yesterday on the A134 at Assington, near Sudbury, killing the motorcyclist.
ANOTHER person has been killed on Suffolk's roads following a collision between a motorcycle and a van.
The accident happened at around 1.14pm yesterday on the A134 at Assington, near Sudbury, killing the motorcyclist.
The road was temporarily closed while an investigation into the crash was conducted by specialist police officers.
A police spokeswoman said the driver of the van was not hurt but was in a state of shock.
It is the latest motoring tragedy in the county and comes only days after Russell Arnold, a 36-year-old man from the Woodbridge area, and another man in Newmarket were killed in separate accidents over the weekend.
It takes the death toll on Suffolk's roads to 34 so far this year, compared to 36 in the whole of 2005.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to call Pc Andrew Fossey at the roads police unit on 01473 613500.