Bikers lead officer's procession
VIDEO Dozens of bikers turned out to remember award-winning police officer Sergeant Bob Walsham, who died in an A12 crash.Sgt Walsham was a keen motorcyclist and member of the Black Shuck Bike Club, who were among a procession to his funeral in Colchester.
DOZENS of bikers turned out to remember award-winning police officer Sergeant Bob Walsham, who died in an A12 crash.
Sgt Walsham was a keen motorcyclist and member of the Black Shuck Bike Club, who were among a procession to his funeral in Colchester.
The crash happened earlier this month at East Bergholt when a car collided with Sgt Walsham's Kawasaki motorcycle.
The 48-year-old father of two was awarded three Chief Constable's Commendations and the Millard Trophy during his time with Essex police.
You may also want to watch:
In 2007 he moved to a post in Colchester town centre while living in Hadleigh with his fiancée and her four children.
Bikers from several motorcycle groups paid tribute to Sgt Walsham, including members of Vorden Motorcycle Club from near Osnabruck, Germany.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 8 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
The procession left Bourne Bridge, stopping en route to Colchester at the home of Sgt Walsham's mother in Manningtree.