Bikers turn out in force for charity
VIDEO A CHARITY motorbike ride attracted more than a hundred keen bikers from across Suffolk at the weekend.
A CHARITY motorbike ride attracted more than a hundred keen bikers from across Suffolk at the weekend.
It was the fifth year that the ride, organised by Ipswich's Triangle Motorcycle Club, took place.
Two police outriders accompanied 140 riders along the 53-mile route, which started at the Orwell Crossing lorry park at around 10.30am on September 2nd and finished at Bressingham Steam museum.
Club members acted as marshals and group leaders along the way.
This year the money is going to Heartbeat East Suffolk, with a further donation being made to St John's Ambulance.
Eric Brown, charity organiser for the club, said: “I was with another motorcycle club about eight years ago and had done a couple of charity bike rides. When I joined Triangle, I suggested we start doing the same thing. It's good to give something back.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 6 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 8 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Ipswich Hospital parking costs rise for first time in 10 years
“Every year we nominate a different charity, and this year, one of the members had had heart problems so suggested the money went to Heartbeat.”
Participants paid £5 per bike to enter the ride, which was due to take an hour and 15 minutes.
Heartbeat East Suffolk is a self-help group designed to provide support and advice to those in the region who have a heart problem.
If anyone wants to get in touch with the charity, they should call the helpline on 01206 393292.
Are you holding a charity event? Tell us about it. Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.