Billionaire's sudden death 'suspicious'
THE death of a billionaire Georgian businessman at his home in Britain is being treated as "suspicious", police said today.Badri Patarkatsishvili, 52, was found dead in Leatherhead, Surrey, at about 11pm last night.
THE death of a billionaire Georgian businessman at his home in Britain is being treated as "suspicious", police said today.
Badri Patarkatsishvili, 52, was found dead in Leatherhead, Surrey, at about 11pm last night.
He had suffered heart failure, but the cause of this condition is still unknown, a source close to his family said.
In December Mr Patarkatsishvili spoke of his fears for his life after an alleged plot to assassinate him in London was uncovered.
A Surrey Police spokeswoman said today: "Police were called to an address in Leatherhead late yesterday evening following the collapse and death of Georgian businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili, believed to be 52 years of age.
"As with all unexplained deaths, it is being treated as suspicious.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 9 Major road into Ipswich partially blocked after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Women suffers leg injuries after crash on village road outside Ipswich
"A post-mortem examination will be held later today to establish the cause of death.'