Bingo! Winner scoops thousands
AN Ipswich bingo club has paid out a whopping jackpot of £31,000 to a 66-year-old woman.The lucky winner plays once or twice a week with a friend at the Gala, in the Orwell Retail Park.
AN Ipswich bingo club has paid out a whopping jackpot of £31,000 to a 66-year-old woman.
The lucky winner plays once or twice a week with a friend at the Gala, in the Orwell Retail Park.
She scooped the prize last Tuesday and plans to share her haul with her 71-year-old friend. She won the National Bingo Game prize of £29,140, plus a further regional prize of £2,039 and the club prize of £143.
"I am still trembling, it was all such a shock," said the winner, who comes from Colchester, but declined to be named.
You may also want to watch:
"My car is a bit of a banger so I might change that and I need a front door. I think I will bank the rest and think about it."
Nigel Calloway, manager of the club, said: "We were all very pleased for her. As soon as it was announced a massive cheer went up."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
- 9 150 new council homes get go-ahead in Ipswich
- 10 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
He added that the biggest ever win at the club was £205,000, which was achieved last year.