Bird flu restrictions lifted
RESTRICTION zones put in place following the discovery of the H5N1 bird flu virus in Suffolk are to be lifted.A Defra spokesman said that the protection zone around Redgrave Park Farm near Diss will be lifted on Saturday .
RESTRICTION zones put in place following the discovery of the H5N1 bird flu virus in Suffolk are to be lifted.
A Defra spokesman said that the protection zone around Redgrave Park Farm near Diss will be lifted on Saturday .
The second protection zone around Hill Meadow Farm, Knettishall, will follow on Monday .
The areas within the zones will become part of the wider surveillance zone which covers Suffolk and parts of Norfolk.
Other restrictions on bird gatherings and movements of poultry and poultry meat within the zones will remain in place.
Policy says that the restriction zones must remain in place for 21 days following cleansing and disinfection of contaminated premises.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 6 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 7 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 8 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
The wider surveillance zone is expected to be lifted on December 19.