Birthday celebrations for Basepoint
BASEPOINT'S Ipswich business centre has celebrated its first birthday by hosting a networking event for all of its licensees, who have increased from three to 51 in just one year.
IPSWICH: Basepoint's Ipswich business centre has celebrated its first birthday by hosting a networking event for all of its licensees, who have increased from three to 51 in just one year.
The centre opened in January 2009 with three licensees and in the past year, has become home to 51 local and national companies, including 20 start-up companies and two graduates who have started their own businesses under Basepoint's graduate offer.
Michelle Wootton, centre manager, said: “The economic climate meant that we really did not know what to expect when we opened this time last year, but Ipswich really does have a thriving business community. We've had a phenomenal year and it is great to meet and work with so many up-and-coming local businesses.”
Quentin Crowe, director of The Marketers Forum who has been located at Basepoint since it opened, said: “Our experience with Basepoint has been exceptional. In addition to providing outstanding value, it is the customer-centered approach that sets Basepoint apart. From the purpose-built building design to the friendly support team, it is clear that the Basepoint management really understand what their customers need and how to look after them.”
Richard Toll, of Wesselton Associates, also moved to the centre in January 2009.
He said: “Basepoint has done remarkably well during what has been a difficult year for a lot of businesses. Considering the centre opened during the recession, it is a credit to the staff that they have been able to attract new tenants. The appeal for business owners is the excellent value and flexible licenses as well as the first class facilities, and with a main reception with full time staff, a small business remains independent but with the set up of a larger outfit.”
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 3 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 6 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 7 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 8 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 9 GALLERY: 14 pictures from the Ipswich Twilight Races 2022
- 10 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
Basepoint enables new business communities to thrive by providing attractive, managed offices and workshops on easy terms and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the ACT Foundation, a grant-making charity dedicated to improving the quality of life of those in need.
Situated on Ransomes Europark, Basepoint Ipswich provides a range of managed office and workshop space in purpose-built premises and on flexible terms.
For further information about the centre, contact the team on 01473 722 700, email firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively visit www.basepoint.co.uk