Blair reshuffles pack
PRIME Minister Tony Blair is mounting a major shake-up of his Cabinet reshuffle after Labour suffered heavy losses in the local elections.Home Secretary Charles Clarke is the major victim of the changes.
PRIME Minister Tony Blair this morning began a Cabinet reshuffle after Labour suffered heavy losses in the local elections.
John Reid replaces Charles Clarke as Home Secretary.
Mr Clarke is to leave the Government.
John Prescott will remain as Deputy Prime Minister and Labour Party deputy leader.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Straw is to be moved from the Foreign Office to be leader of the House of Commons.
There will be one Foreign Office minister for Europe, Geoff Hoon, and one for the rest of the world, which will be Margaret Beckett - moving from the Department for Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
See The Evening Star tonight for the full story.