Blair reshuffles pack
PRIME Minister Tony Blair is mounting a major shake-up of his Cabinet reshuffle after Labour suffered heavy losses in the local elections.Home Secretary Charles Clarke is the major victim of the changes.
PRIME Minister Tony Blair this morning began a Cabinet reshuffle after Labour suffered heavy losses in the local elections.
John Reid replaces Charles Clarke as Home Secretary.
Mr Clarke is to leave the Government.
John Prescott will remain as Deputy Prime Minister and Labour Party deputy leader.
Jack Straw is to be moved from the Foreign Office to be leader of the House of Commons.
There will be one Foreign Office minister for Europe, Geoff Hoon, and one for the rest of the world, which will be Margaret Beckett - moving from the Department for Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 3 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 4 Tributes paid to Ipswich man who could 'make magic happen'
- 5 Two teenagers charged after man injured in machete attack
- 6 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 New details of plans to convert Ipswich church into music venue revealed
- 9 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our Festival of Wheels gallery?
See The Evening Star tonight for the full story.