Blaze hits shop
FIREFIGHTERS today tackled a blaze at shop in Stowmarket.A lean-to behind a shop in Marriott's Walk was damaged by fire and smoke had leaked into the roof space of the shop.
By James Fraser
FIREFIGHTERS today tackled a blaze at shop in Stowmarket.
A lean-to behind a shop in Marriott's Walk was damaged by fire and smoke had leaked into the roof space of the shop.
Crews from the town, and nearby Needham Market and Elsmwell attended the fire which was reported shortly after 7.10pm.
Wearing breathing apparatus and a hose reel to fight the blaze, the firefighters finally extinguished the fire shortly after 8pm.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products