Blaze hits shop

FIREFIGHTERS today tackled a blaze at shop in Stowmarket.A lean-to behind a shop in Marriott's Walk was damaged by fire and smoke had leaked into the roof space of the shop.

By James Fraser

FIREFIGHTERS today tackled a blaze at shop in Stowmarket.

A lean-to behind a shop in Marriott's Walk was damaged by fire and smoke had leaked into the roof space of the shop.

Crews from the town, and nearby Needham Market and Elsmwell attended the fire which was reported shortly after 7.10pm.

Wearing breathing apparatus and a hose reel to fight the blaze, the firefighters finally extinguished the fire shortly after 8pm.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter