Blaze near timber firm
A BLAZE destroying over 40 wooden pallets and damaging a small building was controlled by firefighters.The fire near Holden Timber, Duke Street, Ipswich, spread across a yard used partly as a lorry park, leaving the area a blackened wreck.
A BLAZE destroying over 40 wooden pallets and damaging a small building was controlled by firefighters.
The fire near Holden Timber, Duke Street, Ipswich, spread across a yard used partly as a lorry park, leaving the area a blackened wreck.
Nearby businesses Holden Timber and Bedford and Jennings, escaped from any damage to their buildings and compounds, which held large stocks of wood.
But the windows on a small permanent building were broken and its roof was damaged by the fire, while a nearby derelict portable building escaped from the blaze.
The fire was controlled by two fire crews half an hour after being called out at 11.53pm on Friday night.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams