Blaze still raging at farm
FIRE is still raging today at a Suffolk farm after flames engulfed a barn early this morning.The blaze broke out a Flowton Brook Farm at Flowton near Ipswich at around 2.
A SUSPICIOUS fire is being left to burn out at a Suffolk farm after flames engulfed a barn early this morning.
The blaze broke out a Flowton Brook Farm at Flowton near Ipswich at around 2.50am today, destroying two classic cars and at its height 20 firefighters were needed to tackle it.
Although the fire is now under control firefighters are still on scene today as £6,000 of straw continues to burn.
Scenes of crime officers from Suffolk police are expected to visit the site later today to investigate the cause of the blaze, which is being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was one of two barn fires which broke out within hours of one another.
The other barn fire at Hall Farm, Copdock, started at around 7pm last night, but the barn was so badly damaged that firefighters have not yet been able to determine if it was suspicious.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
For the full story see tonight's Evening Star.