Blaze still raging at farm
FIRE is still raging today at a Suffolk farm after flames engulfed a barn early this morning.The blaze broke out a Flowton Brook Farm at Flowton near Ipswich at around 2.
A SUSPICIOUS fire is being left to burn out at a Suffolk farm after flames engulfed a barn early this morning.
The blaze broke out a Flowton Brook Farm at Flowton near Ipswich at around 2.50am today, destroying two classic cars and at its height 20 firefighters were needed to tackle it.
Although the fire is now under control firefighters are still on scene today as £6,000 of straw continues to burn.
Scenes of crime officers from Suffolk police are expected to visit the site later today to investigate the cause of the blaze, which is being treated as suspicious.
The fire was one of two barn fires which broke out within hours of one another.
The other barn fire at Hall Farm, Copdock, started at around 7pm last night, but the barn was so badly damaged that firefighters have not yet been able to determine if it was suspicious.
- 1 Severe delays on A14 and Orwell Bridge after wheel falls off ambulance
- 2 Lorry recovered after overturning on A14 roundabout at Felixstowe
- 3 Two hour delays on A14 after road closed near Felixstowe
- 4 5 businesses opening up in Ipswich soon
- 5 Taco Bell plans set to be approved
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after three-car crash on A12 near Ipswich
- 7 A14 slip road closed near Ipswich after BMW catches fire
- 8 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 9 Memorial match for colleague killed outside takeaway
- 10 Suffolk cinemas at risk as Cineworld 'set to file for bankruptcy'
For the full story see tonight's Evening Star.