Blazes tackled across Suffolk
SUSPECTED arsonists today set fire to a tree in Ipswich.Firefighters from the town's Princes Street were called to the blaze in Handford Road shortly after 2pm.
A SPATE of blazes kept fire crews across the county busy.
Crews were called to a tree on fire in Handford Road at around 2pm yesterday and before 2.20am, firefighters were also called to deal with a car fire in The Parklands, Ufford.
At around 2.40pm they were called to West Meadows in Bury Road, Ipswich to tackle 20 square metres of blazing grass.
A crew from Stowmarket took an hour and a half to put out eight tonnes of straw alight in Drinkstone Hill, Rattlesden.
Called at 2.35pm, the crew had the incident under control by around 4.10pm.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams