Blazin back to town
JUST when you thought the musical line up in Ipswich this summer could not get any bigger another band is added to the bill.The announcement has been made today that Blazin' Squad will now join Peter Andre supporting Westlife in concert in Chantry Park in July.
JUST when you thought the musical line up in Ipswich this summer could not get any bigger another band is added to the bill.
The announcement has been made today that Blazin' Squad will now join Peter Andre supporting Westlife in concert in Chantry Park in July.
This will be the boys' fifth visit to the region and shows the growth in success they have enjoyed since they first performed in Ipswich as part of a schools tour in 2002.
They have since performed at Felixstowe Spa Pavilion, Ipswich Corn Exchange and the Regent, when their concert was a sell out success.
Blazin' Squad burst on to the music scene in 2002 with their infectious cover of the Bone Thugs 'n' Harmony track Crossroads.
Since then the road to success for the ten teenagers - Flava, Kenzie, Rocky B, DJ Tommy B, Melo-D, Reepa, Strider, Freek, Krazy and Spike-e - has been a fast one.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
- 6 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 7 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 8 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 9 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 10 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
Number one singles, smash hit album, sell out tours and an army of dedicated fans follow in their wake.
They now join the line-up of the Evening Star and SGR FM concert that looks set to become one of, if not the, hottest dates on the region's entertainment calendar and a must for all pop fans.
But it is just one of a number of spectacular concerts bringing Ipswich alive over the coming months.
Elton John will perform at Portman Road stadium in June, Busted and McFly will take to the stage in Christchurch Park in July while Status Quo will also be performing in the park a week later.
On top of this there is plenty more music around the region. T4's Pop Beach is back in Great Yarmouth in little over a week's time and Thetford Forest will host the likes of Paul Weller, the Sugababes and Fun Lovin' Criminals during the summer months. Meanwhile the annual Newmarket Nights will be welcoming a number of major stars and pop acts and this year's V Festival in Chelmsford promises to be one of the biggest and best yet.
For live music this summer, East Anglia - if not Ipswich - is clearly the place to be.
Westlife, supported by Peter Andre and Blazin' Squad, will be appearing in Chantry Park, Ipswich, on July 31. Tickets cost £26.50 (plus booking fee) and are available by calling the ticketline on 08700 722167. They are now also available at Beestons, 14-16 Crown Street, Ipswich.