Blues star to serenade Regent
Blues singer Bonnie Raitt is on her way to town.The acclaimed American singer/songwriter has today announced she will perform at Ipswich Regent on June 25 as one stop on her latest British tour.
Blues singer Bonnie Raitt is on her way to town.
The acclaimed American singer/songwriter has today announced she will perform at Ipswich Regent on June 25 as one stop on her latest British tour.
Tickets for the concert go on sale tomorrow.
Bonnie was born with music in her blood. The daughter of celebrated Broadway singer John Raitt and accomplished pianist and singer Marge Goddard she was given her first guitar when she was eight-years-old.
Immersed in music culture and politics throughout her youth she became deeply involved in folk and blues. In between classes at Harvard she studied different styles of music until three years after entering college she left to pursue music as a career.
The decision was a good one and in the decades since Bonnie has established herself as a leading light in the American blues scene.
- 1 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 2 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 5 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 8 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
She has won countless Grammys and other accolades and performed with a wealth of artists of equal musical calibre.
Her standing in the music scene was confirmed first in 2000 when she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and again last year when she joined the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame.
And she continues to use her position and the power of her music to raise awareness of issues – political and cultural – which are close to her heart.
n Bonnie Raitt will be at Ipswich Regent on June 25. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am priced £25. They will be available from Central Box Office, Princes Street, Ipswich, by calling 01473 433100 or online at www.ipswich-ents.co.uk