Eight people found on back seats of BMW after police stop
- Credit: Archant
Eight people were found to be sitting on the back seats of a BMW in Ipswich by police this weekend.
A total of six children and two adults got out the back of the 4x4 BMW when it was stopped by Suffolk police on Saturday, January 5.
When questioned by officers, the driver said that he was taking family members home.
The offence comes just days after a different car was stopped by police in Ipswich was found to have seven people in the back.
Four adults and three children got out of the back seat of a BMW when it was stopped by police on St Helen’s Street. None of them were wearing seat belts.
On this occasion, the driver was given two on-the-spot fines. One for £100 for the passengers not wearing seat belts and another £100 for carrying a dangerous load in the vehicle. The driver also had three penalty points on his driving licence.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 5 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Dog rescued from flat fire