Body discovered in car
A man has died after a car accident in Leiston, police confirmed this morning.
A man's body has been discovered in a car accident in Leiston, police confirmed Sunday morning.
The blue vehicle was found on Abbey Road around 9am.
Inspector Jim Gooding said officers were called to the scene and found a local man in the car.
The man - who is not expected to be named until Monday - was pronounced dead at the scene and Abbey Road was closed while officers investigate.
Four fire engines were also called along with an ambulance.
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact headquarters on 01473 613500.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 6 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 7 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk