Body of man pulled from Alton Water reservoir
The body of a man has been pulled from the reservoir at Alton Water, police have confirmed.
Officers were called at 7.20am today Friday, October 16, following reports that a body of a man had been found in the water near Alton Water Sports Centre in Holbrook Road, Stutton.
The fire service and ambulance service were also called to the location but the man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
The death is being treated as unexplained at this time but police do not currently believe there are any suspicious circumstances.
Officers say a file will be prepared for the coroner in due course.
A fire service spokesperson said: “Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to assist Suffolk police, but were then stood down and no action was required.”
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing