Body found at Ipswich docks
POLICE have found a body in the water at Ipswich docks today.
A BODY recovered in Ipswich today is believed to be missing Russian seaman Alexey Dorofeev.
Ipswich police were called at 12.45pm today by Thames Coastguard, who had received reports of a body in the water at Cliff Quay.
An area of the waterfront was cordoned off while the body is recovered.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said that the body was male and that early indications link the body to that of the Russian sailor, who went missing from his boat at the docks on Christmas Eve.
You may also want to watch:
Further tests, which could take several weeks, will be required to determine more about the death.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained at this time and a post mortem will be conducted in due course.
- 1 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 4 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 9 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
The 36-year-old disappeared from the Daniel Kay, which had been moored at Ipswich Port.
Crew members presumed he had gone into Ipswich, but raised the alarm when he failed to return after two days.
Police divers searched the docks last month, however failed to find anything linking to his disappearance.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident should contact Ipswich Police on 01473 613500.