Body found at Ipswich docks
POLICE have found a body in the water at Ipswich docks today.
A BODY recovered in Ipswich today is believed to be missing Russian seaman Alexey Dorofeev.
Ipswich police were called at 12.45pm today by Thames Coastguard, who had received reports of a body in the water at Cliff Quay.
An area of the waterfront was cordoned off while the body is recovered.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said that the body was male and that early indications link the body to that of the Russian sailor, who went missing from his boat at the docks on Christmas Eve.
Further tests, which could take several weeks, will be required to determine more about the death.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained at this time and a post mortem will be conducted in due course.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
The 36-year-old disappeared from the Daniel Kay, which had been moored at Ipswich Port.
Crew members presumed he had gone into Ipswich, but raised the alarm when he failed to return after two days.
Police divers searched the docks last month, however failed to find anything linking to his disappearance.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident should contact Ipswich Police on 01473 613500.