Body found in river at Woodbridge
A MAN'S body was pulled from the River Deben today.Suffolk police said the death was being treated as "unexplained" and they had yet to formally identify the man.
A MAN'S body was pulled from the River Deben today.
The discovery was made near to The Avenue and Deben Yacht Club in Woodbridge by a passer-by.
Although the deceased has not been identified he was initially believed to have been a middle-aged man.
Lisa Miller, a Suffolk police spokeswoman, said: “Suffolk police received a call from a member of the public at approximately 8.30am stating a man's body had been discovered in the River Deben at Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
“Police and coastguards attended. Suffolk police, at this stage, will be treating the man's death as unexplained.”
The coroner was informed shortly after the discovery and a post mortem will take place to discover cause of death.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
No details are due to be released concerning the man's identity until formal identification takes place.