Body found in woodland
THE REMAINS of a body believed to be that of a missing pensioner have been found in woodland.Suffolk police said this afternoon that the skeletal remains were found in Porter's Wood, Woodbridge, on March 1.
THE REMAINS of a body believed to be that of a missing pensioner have been found in woodland.
Suffolk police said this afternoon that the skeletal remains were found in Porter's Wood, Woodbridge, on March 1.
It is believed that the body is that of Anthony Smith, 73, who went missing from his home in Beech Way, Woodbridge, on June 5 last year.
Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk police, said formal identification would be carried out later this week and an inquest would also be held.
The remains were found by a member of the public.
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 6 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 Attempted theft as cyclist's bag unzipped by man
- 10 Jailed in November: The criminals locked up in Suffolk last month