Body found in woodland
THE REMAINS of a body believed to be that of a missing pensioner have been found in woodland.Suffolk police said this afternoon that the skeletal remains were found in Porter's Wood, Woodbridge, on March 1.
THE REMAINS of a body believed to be that of a missing pensioner have been found in woodland.
Suffolk police said this afternoon that the skeletal remains were found in Porter's Wood, Woodbridge, on March 1.
It is believed that the body is that of Anthony Smith, 73, who went missing from his home in Beech Way, Woodbridge, on June 5 last year.
Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk police, said formal identification would be carried out later this week and an inquest would also be held.
You may also want to watch:
The remains were found by a member of the public.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win