Body found on beach
POLICE were called today after a passer-by found a dead body on the beach at Felixstowe.The male pedestrian called police at 10.55am after he discovered the body at the bottom of Brackenbury Cliff, between the town and Old Felixstowe.
POLICE were called today after a passer-by found a dead body on the beach at Felixstowe.
The male pedestrian called police at 10.55am after he discovered the body at the bottom of Brackenbury Cliff, between the town and Old Felixstowe.
The identity of the body has not been revealed but it is thought to be a white man in his 60s or 70s.
He was wearing a blue shirt, hip length anorak and black trousers.
You may also want to watch:
The area was cordoned off while officers carried out an initial examination and the coroner was informed.
The body was removed from the beach by 2pm and taken to Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 6 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 7 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park
Suffolk police are investigating the death but have said that it is being treated as unexplained rather than suspicious.
A post mortem is expected to be carried out to try and ascertain the cause of death with an inquest to be held at a later date.
Anyone with any information to the incident should contact Ipswich police on 01473 613500.