Body found on railway line
THE body of a man has been discovered on a railway line.
It was discovered on the line near to Victoria Street, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, at 9.45am today.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) and Cambridgeshire Constabulary attended the incident and enquiries are ongoing.
The incident is currently being treated as unexplained.
A BTP spokeswoman said: “Enquiries are continuing to establish the identity of the man and the circumstances leading up to their death.”
Normal train services between King’s Cross and King’s Lynn resumed at 2.02pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP on Freefone 0800 405040 quoting incident number 163 of 03/08/2010, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk