Body of woman found
FIRE crews are currently involved in a rescue mission after a man fell through ice into a lake.
THE BODY of a woman who fell through ice into a lake has been found.
A spokesman from Essex Police confirmed that the body of a woman in her 40s was found shortly before 6pm tonight in Dobbs Weir Park, Nazeing.
Fire crews were called following reports that a local woman had disappeared while trying to rescue her dog from the water.
Firefighters from Waltham Abbey, Loughton and Harlow searched for the casualty, along with divers from the Metropolitan Police and the Essex Police marines unit.
After receiving the call at 2.36pm, fire crews used rescue paths to search for the missing woman.
The dog was later found safe.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 4 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 10 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a report will be prepared for the coroner.