Body parts are missing Ipswich man
SUFFOLK police today confirmed body parts found in a Lincolnshire river belong to dead Ipswich man Ian Halls.The discoveries, made in the River Witham, which cuts through Boston, were made around one week ago.
SUFFOLK police today confirmed body parts found in a Lincolnshire river belong to dead Ipswich man Ian Halls.
The discoveries, made in the River Witham, which cuts through Boston, were made around one week ago.
Forensic examinations have since been taking place to confirm the head and two hands uncovered belong to the 63-year-old.
This was today confirmed by the police, who have already identified a leg found on the river bank as belonging to Mr Halls.
You may also want to watch:
Police search teams are continuing to search the river for further clues in their murder investigation.
They are being assisted by search experts from the National Crime and Operations Faculty, who worked on the investigation into the Soham murder of schoolgirls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 5 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town
N Mr Halls' nephew Micheal Harvey, 49, of North Down Avenue, Manchester has appeared before Ipswich Crown Court charged with his uncle's murder.
His next appearance at the court will be on April 30.