Body recovered from Suffolk river
A BODY recovered from a Suffolk river today is believed to be that of a 64-year-old man.Police were called at around 3.05pm after a member of the public spotted the body near the Bascule Bridge on the River Waveney in Lowestoft.
A BODY recovered from a Suffolk river today is believed to be that of a 64-year-old man.
Police were called at around 3.05pm after a member of the public spotted the body near the Bascule Bridge on the River Waveney in Lowestoft.
The Lowestoft lifeboat service was also called and managed to recover the body soon after.
Police believe the man was from Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said they were currently treating the death as unexplained, however at this early stage there did not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.
A post mortem examination is likely to be held on January 31.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
See tomorrow's Evening Star for the full story.