Bogus caller pretends to be policeman
POLICE are appealing for information after a man pretending to be a police officer tried to gain entry to an Ipswich home.The man called at an address in Felixstowe Road between 5.
POLICE are appealing for information after a man pretending to be a police officer tried to gain entry to an Ipswich home.
The man called at an address in Felixstowe Road between 5.40pm and 6pm yesterday and claimed he was a policeman making inquiries on behalf of Welsh colleagues.
He spoke to a 36-year-woman at the door and quickly showed an identification card. When the woman refused him entry to the house he assured her she was not in trouble and left.
He returned about 10 minutes later and told the woman he had spoken to his colleagues and would make arrangements to come back and see her.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, aged in his late 20s to early 30s, 6ft and had grey hair.
He had a gold or silver tooth cap on his top row of teeth and wore a grey suit with a shirt and tie, a blue waterproof overcoat and
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
was carrying a dark coloured holdall.
Anyone with information should call Pc Craig Stock on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.