Bogus callers target OAPs
DETECTIVES in Ipswich are investigating three burglaries at the homes of elderly residents of sheltered accommodation in Ipswich.At around 12.45pm yesterday a man entered the home of an 80-year-old lady living in Tyrone Close, Ipswich and stole items from her handbag.
DETECTIVES in Ipswich are investigating three burglaries at the homes of elderly residents of sheltered accommodation in Ipswich.
At around 12.45pm yesterday a man entered the home of an 80-year-old lady living in Tyrone Close, Ipswich and stole items from her handbag.
Two further burglaries were also reported in the sheltered accommodation block.
An 86-year-old lady was approached by a man in her home at around 12.50pm who stated that he was repairing lights. She explained that it wasn't necessary and asked him to leave. She later noticed a quantity of cash had been taken from her home.
The man described in these two incidents is between 50 and 60 years old, white, of average to stocky build, had grey hair and wore a navy jacket and blue trousers.
The third incident happened at the home of an 85-year-old lady. At around 1.30pm, she noticed that her home had been entered and a quantity of cash and jewellery had been taken.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 4 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 6 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 7 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 8 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 9 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 10 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously or recognises the offender from the description.
Calls should be made to Detective constable Liz Winzer at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.