Bogus policeman tricks OAP
DETECTIVES are today hunting for a would-be burglar who tricked his way into an 84-year-old man's home by pretending to be a police officer.The OAP was at home in The Walk, Kesgrave, when, at about 1.
DETECTIVES are today hunting for a would-be burglar who tricked his way into an 84-year-old man's home by pretending to be a police officer.
The pensioner was at home in The Walk, Kesgrave, when he saw a man standing at his front door.
The bogus officer went to the house at about 1.30pm on Wednesday and said he wanted to talk to the pensioner, then entered his home and asked for a drink.
After the householder became suspicious and refused, the fraudster left. Nothing was stolen.
The criminal was described as white, possibly in his 50s, about 5ft 8ins and of large build with a chubby face and short brown hair. He was wearing a dark brown suit jacket, a shirt and trousers.
Police also want to trace the driver of a medium-sized white van with black lettering, which was seen parked in The Walk.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 6 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 7 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 8 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
Telephone 01473 613500 if you have any information.