Bogus water men con 90-year-old
POLICE were today continuing their investigation after conmen lied their way in to a frail 90-year-old Suffolk man's home and stole £550.In broad daylight the thieves, who told the man they were from the water board, got entry in to his home in Horsefair Close, Mendlesham.
POLICE were today continuing their investigation after conmen lied their way in to a frail 90-year-old Suffolk man's home and stole £550.
In broad daylight the thieves, who told the man they were from the water board, got entry in to his home in Horsefair Close, Mendlesham.
They stole the money from an upstairs bedroom at around 4.40pm while the man waited unaware downstairs.
Both men are described as being white and in their 20s.
You may also want to watch:
Police spokesman Steve Henry said: " People should always ask for and check identification. If you are in doubt about a caller then make them wait and call the police. Any genuine callers will not mind waiting.
"Also if you live in the vicinity of elderly people then please keeps you eyes open for any unusual callers."
- 1 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
- 2 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 8 Did you go to Ipswich's Festival of Wheels? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 9 Driver puts out car fire in A12 blaze
- 10 Revealed: Suffolk's most viewed homes for sale in July
This comes just a day after a 77-year-old woman died from injuries she sustained when she was beaten up all for her fish and chip supper.
The brave lady, from Newcastle, even allowed herself to be photographed after the mugging to show the true extent of the crime.
She lost her battle for life yesterday – the victim of yet another assault on an elderly victim.