Bogus water men con 90-year-old
POLICE were today continuing their investigation after conmen lied their way in to a frail 90-year-old Suffolk man's home and stole £550.In broad daylight the thieves, who told the man they were from the water board, got entry in to his home in Horsefair Close, Mendlesham.
POLICE were today continuing their investigation after conmen lied their way in to a frail 90-year-old Suffolk man's home and stole £550.
In broad daylight the thieves, who told the man they were from the water board, got entry in to his home in Horsefair Close, Mendlesham.
They stole the money from an upstairs bedroom at around 4.40pm while the man waited unaware downstairs.
Both men are described as being white and in their 20s.
Police spokesman Steve Henry said: " People should always ask for and check identification. If you are in doubt about a caller then make them wait and call the police. Any genuine callers will not mind waiting.
"Also if you live in the vicinity of elderly people then please keeps you eyes open for any unusual callers."
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 8 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 9 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 10 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
This comes just a day after a 77-year-old woman died from injuries she sustained when she was beaten up all for her fish and chip supper.
The brave lady, from Newcastle, even allowed herself to be photographed after the mugging to show the true extent of the crime.
She lost her battle for life yesterday – the victim of yet another assault on an elderly victim.