Bolton: Teenager, 14, arrested on suspicion of mum’s murder
A TEENAGER has been arrested on suspicion of murdering her mother following a row at their home.
The 14-year-old was taken into custody by Greater Manchester Police after an incident at her Bolton home.
A 42-year-old woman fell and was injured after an argument, the Daily Mail has reported.
Neighbours of the family said the teenager came out of her house ‘crying hysterically’ after the row. They said they heard a loud scream, and she came back outside and told someone to call an ambulance.
Her mother, who has not yet been identified, was taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital where she later died.
A post-mortem examination was being carried out yesterday to establish the cause of death.
Officers said they had yet to establish the injuries which led to her death, adding that the family were not known to police.
- 1 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 2 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 3 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 6 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 7 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Why has my car been covered in dust?
A police spokesman said officers had been called to the home following reports that a woman had been assaulted and was unconscious.
He said: “Paramedics attempted to revive the 42-year-old woman and took her to hospital for treatment where she died.
“A 14-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in police custody.
“A post-mortem examination will take place and inquiries are ongoing.”
Forensic investigators were at the house on Sunday evening and yesterday morning, and police were seen searching the garden.
The house is now under 24-hour police guard..’
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said today that the 14-year-old girl had been bailed pending further inquiries.